YCCS WEST hybridizes the alternative high school model with an industry training center. As a proud member of the Youth Connection Charter School Network, YCCS West was founded in the Austin Neighborhood of Chicago and stands at the forefont of competency-based education with the success of students in mind.
Our classes are geared towards preparing students for the world of work, college or vocational training and for active participation in today’s global society. Teachers work with our students to address their academic skills, character development, leadership quality and career skills.
We offer a combination of online learning classes with teacher assistance (blended learning) and support students on building up their reading and math skills. Our computer and technology services provide students with the right tools to learn new skills. We provide counseling and other social emotional services to help support our emerging students.
Lead by Principal Early King and Co-principal Christina Romo, YCCS is uniquely qualified to address the academic and social/emotional of emerging scholars.
We love our students and encourage them to understand their voice by focusing our curriculum on social justice topics and community engagement. Feel free to Use our Contact Us page to tell us what we’re doing right or consider partnering with us on our path to greatness.
- Inspiration Kitchens inspirationcorp.org
- Westside Health Authority healthauthority.org
- Saura heartlandalliance.org
- Youth Workforce youthworkforce.org
- Department of Family Support Services cityofchicago.org
- Westside American Job Center kra.com
- Community Information Technology Center citcchicago.org
- Austin Coming Together austincomingtogether.org
- Institute For Nonviolence Chicago nonviolencechicago.org
New YCCS Logo
our logo here for Download use on projects within the YCCS Network.